Choosing the Brokerage you affiliate yourself with is probably the most important decision you need to make in your real estate career. It can be an absolute game changer in your success level. Below are a list of questions you should be sure you're asking each potential Brokerage.
1. Do you have a current company policy that I can review?
2. Do you have full-time support staff? Does it include transaction support, marketing support and technology support?
3. What are your goals as a company for the upcoming year and do you have a plan in place to achieve them?
4. Can you show me a third-party report showing your market share over the past year?
5. Can you explain your company’s culture and show me your mission statement?
6. What is your policy on outgoing referrals?
7. Do you have a mentoring program?
8. What type of training program do you have? Is there a cost? What is the background of the instructors? Where can I find a copy of the annual schedule?
9. Do you have a Commercial and Property Management Department? How does it work when I have a referral for them?
10. Do you have a Relocation Department that handles corporate relocation, as well as military and government clients?
11. Do you have a lead generation system? May I see a copy of the policy and program guidelines? What do I need to do to qualify for the leads?
12. How do you help me keep up to date with what’s going on in the industry? Is there an online resource for training, materials and resources?
13. What fees do you charge agents for company serves? E and O Insurance, Desk fees, office supplies, training, technology fees, etc…
14. Can you show me a copy of your company marketing plan and resources for me as an agent?
15. Do you provide a mobile app that I can give my clients that has full MLS data and generates leads for me?
16. Do you have a written policy on how teams work and do you have forms and agreements to help me join or create a team?
17. Do you have a paperless transaction system? What technology platform are you using to implement that?
18. What is your policy on part-time agents?
19. How often are office meetings and how are they ran?